As stated here about a week or two into the public beta, three candidates will be appointed moderator pro tempore. This is a thread to nominate such candidates.
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
with bonus points for
- Participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Having already shown an interest or ability to promote the community.
Each nomination should be posted in a seperate answer, including a link to the user profile (parent and meta) and links to other activities (e.g., Area 51, blogs or other resources announcing/reviewing the community).
If the nomination is done by a 3rd-party, the nominee should edit the answer and state whether he accepts the nomination, preferably also writing something about them self. A nomination should be marked community wiki, such that potential new nominees with low reputation may edit the post.
Self nomination is okay and even encouraged. This is a way of saying “I’m interested. Let my record speak for itself.”
Any nominations posted here should be made CW so that the nominees can themselves edit in their responses. Comments are not the best place for accepts/declines as they may get hidden over time.