The On-topic section of the Help Center (which is new, for those of you who just noticed) is the defining point of any Stack Exchange site; it is, in essence, exactly what a site here is. I've combed through the Area51 proposal and the questions on the main site, and I've drafted an FAQ scope below, but it's up to us as a whole to refine this, perfect it, and
graduate from private beta (done) after finishing this and establishing a base of users.
Keep in mind that this is a draft. It's up to the community to finish this; post away with comments, suggestions, alterations, and so on.
Now that we are using the Help Center (instead of "FAQ"):
What topics can I ask about here?
Freelancing Stack Exchange is for Self-employed and freelance workers. If your question covers...
- Agency work while freelancing
- Selling services to different employers without a long-term contract with any of them
- Client responsibilities to freelancers
- Cross-border requirements and laws for freelancing
and isn't about...
- Working in a part-time of full-time setting for a company
- Asking for life experiences or opinions on freelancing
...then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
Edit: In addition, we need to think about custom off-topic closing reasons. Which of these are the most commonly asked questions so far?